What You Need To Know Before Hiring A Custom Home Builder in Wake Forest
It’s no secret that building your dream home is the most important step for the future of you and your family. When you think of yourself in the future, do you picture yourself living in your dream home, happy and comfortable, or do you worry that it will be the biggest mistake of your life? Facing the fear of what could go wrong and avoiding all the potential pitfalls is one thing we do for our clients, and we want to help you make the right decision for you and your family. To have a full understanding of what you need to know and ask, we have gathered the info you need to know, and ask and compiled it here for you, to save you some time and potential costly mistakes and headaches.
When it comes to building your dream home, it makes perfect sense to be thorough in your search to find the perfect contractor to help you bring your dreams to life. We would expect nothing less of our clients, and we have our credentials (links here for Google my business & BBB) ready to help you to make the right decision for you.
- It makes good sense to start with a Google search. In the digital age we are living in, everyone starts their research with Google. It has resources built in for you like Google My Business, for example, which is a way to check out customer reviews before you even make first contact.
- You can and should also check the business listings on the Better Business Bureau website. While they will also have customer reviews, they will also hold more authoritative reviews which should give you a better picture of who you should hire to custom build your dream home.
- After you check out the online reviews, it is time to narrow down the candidates, and schedule interviews. Yes, interviews. You need to meet with at least three contractors before choosing who to work with. Not only are you interviewing them for the job, but they will also be checking you out as their next potential client. This is an important step of the process, and one to be taken seriously, as if your future depends on it. Because when you get down to business, your future is what is on the line.
- Next, you need to discuss and plan your budget. What is your initial budget for the project? Do you have any wiggle room? If the contractor discovers something that needs to be addressed, will there be an additional cost to you, and can you cover any unforeseen expenses? When and how does your contractor get paid? Do you have a place to live while they are working for 12 to 14 months on your home?
- You need to ask every question and take notes of who has the best answers. It is not just about the cost, although it is the most important factor for most home builders, but you also need to compare answers to make an informed decision about who to trust to build your dream home. Hiring a custom home builder in Wake Forest is not impossible, when you know how to make sure you are making the right decision.
- Do you feel like your questions are being answered openly and honestly, or do you feel like the answers are rushed or abrupt? It is one thing to ask a question that is unplanned for and needs proper time to find the right answer, but it is a different thing entirely when the answer is obviously not going to be given directly.
Now that you understand what you really need to know before hiring a custom home builder in Wake Forest to build your dream home, it’s time to schedule a consultation with Three Six Builders.
It’s not rocket science, but there is a fair bit of research to get into before you take the plunge to hire a custom home builder, like (link). When you are ready to take the leap into building your dream home, you need to know that the people you will be working with are the right fit for you and your needs. This is just the beginning of what we cover with our clients, but as you can tell, we put a lot of effort into making sure our clients are happy when we sign off and hand over the keys.
When you are ready to ask the questions, we will be ready to get the answers you need to choose to work with Three Six Builders. Book your consultation today.